Sit back and enjoy a cup.

Sit back and enjoy a cup.

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Love and Lure of Chocolate.

Most of us love a good taste of chocolate. The sweet taste as you slowly let it melt on your tongue is such a simple but powerful pleasure. One of my favorite memories from teaching is sharing a Hershey Kiss with my second grade class as I would read from the book, The Chocolate Touch, by Patrick Skene Catling.



Later, when I became the computer teacher and was teaching K-8, I missed the closeness of my own class. One day while designing a webquest I came across an amusing website about chocolate. It starts from scratch and takes you through the whole process of producing a chocolate bar. What I found delightful was as you progress your mouse becomes a machete and you harvest the ripe cacao pods. There's more interactive pages and it is very kid friendly. I decided a webquest for my classes would be fun for us all. Check it out and be sure to read the feedback describing some very sweet endings to the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment